A Tour Guide shall: (i) Must have respect for belief system; (ii) Be punctual; (iii) Maintain acceptable personal hygiene; (iv) Well Dressed (v) Ensure that privacy of tourist is respected (vi) Be ethical; (vii) Behave politely; (viii) Act friendly and approachable; Tour guide must also keep in mind following points.
What is the purpose of the guiding code of conduct?
The Code outlines the minimum ethical standards of behaviour that South Africans expect of public representatives, including upholding propriety, integrity and ethical values in their conduct.
What should be included in a tourist guide?
Here are qualities a great tour guide should possess:
- Knowledge of the Tour Area.
- Ability to Communicate Effectively.
- Strong Empathy and Understanding.
- Charismatic Personality.
- Keen Ability to Improvise and Adapt.
- Focuses on Building Rapport.
- Engaging Storyteller and Actor.
What does a tourist guide talk about?
A tour guide (U.S.) or a tourist guide (European) is a person who provides assistance, information on cultural, historical and contemporary heritage to people on organized sightseeing and individual clients at educational establishments, religious and historical sites such as; museums, and at various venues of tourist …
What are the 5 codes of conduct?
What are the five codes of ethics?
- Professional competence.
- Professional behavior.
What is code of conduct in public service?
The Code of Conduct is an important pillar in the establishment of good governance and ethical conduct of public servants. It also raises such issues as respect for human rights, the rule of law, accountability, transparency in government, personal conduct and private interests.
How do tourists tour guide?
The Qualities of a Good Tour Guide
- Patience. Answering questions they’ve already answered multiple times will not bother a good guide. …
- Good with “Difficult People” Most times the problem is that “difficult people” don’t know they are difficult. …
- Empathic – Can Feel the Room. …
- Good Sense of Humor. …
- Energetic. …
- Timely. …
What are types of tour guide?
Here are some common tour guide types:
- Historical guide. A historical guide leads tourists around historical landmarks and points of interest like ruins, temples, battlefields and other sites of historical importance. …
- Adventure guide. …
- Museum guide. …
- Nature guide. …
- City guide. …
- Park guide. …
- Freelance guide.
What is a tourist guide and what is the role of a tourist guide in tourism?
A tourist guide is someone who points out the way and leads others on a trip or tour. Generally, a tourist guide will work at a specific location, city or province. In some cases, guides qualify to guide throughout an entire country.
What is the role of tour guide in interpretation?
Tour guides mediate between tourists and locals and the environment. Mediating moves beyond telling tourists how to think and feel about their experiences; it is about leading them to their own conclusions and letting them learn.