Tour Operators are involved in planning, development, promotion, administration and implementation of tourism products. They oversee all the day-to-day tasks and also supervise, motivate and train staff. They are employed by tour or transportation companies, resorts or attractions.
What are the 3 main functions of tour operators?
The following functions are performed by ground tours operators:
- Land arrangement.
- Contract and Negotiate with other vendors.
- Handling of Arrival and departure procedure.
- Planning and organizing local package tour.
- Escorting the tourists.
- Providing market information.
- Costing and pricing package tour.
What are the main function of a tour operator?
The tour operator is responsible for creating and maintaining tour packages for customers. Management of tour packages includes preparing activities that appeal to the specific travelers embarking on the trip.
What are three types of tour operators and explain each?
What kinds of tours are there?
- Domestic tours involve residents of the given country traveling only within their own country. …
- Outbound Tour Operators take residents from one country to travel in another country. …
- Inbound Tours involve non-residents traveling in another country.
What are the 3 departments of a travel agency?
The role of most agencies has been diversified into a series of services that can be divided into six main areas:
- 1) Travel Management. …
- 2) Passenger assistance. …
- 3) Consulting. …
- 4) Marketing and internal communication. …
- 5) Technology. …
- 6) Leisure Services.
What are the four types of tour operator?
There are four different types of tour operators, which I will explain below.
- Inbound Tour Operators.
- Outbound Tour Operators.
- Domestic Tour Operators.
- Ground Operators.