A travel itinerary is a schedule of events relating to planned travel, generally including destinations to be visited at specified times and means of transportation to move between those destinations.
What do you mean by tourist itinerary?
Basically, a tourist itinerary is a reference for the tourist to follow during his journey like points of halt, hotel, time taken between two points, meal plans, activities, attractions to visit etc. apart from arrival and departure points/time and check-in check-out time.
What do you understand by travel itinerary and also explain its major types?
Meaning and Types of Itinerary
An itinerary is a plan of a journey showing the route and the places that the visitor will visit. Thus, it is a schedule or timetable produced in association with a package tour. … An itinerary is not just a piece of information, but a selling point aimed at convincing potential customers.
Why the itinerary is important for tourist?
Travel itineraries ensure that you can manage your time. A travel itinerary must include your travel time to certain numerous attractions with a leeway for unforeseen circumstances like weather conditions and traffic. This might affect your plans but with a travel itinerary on hand, you can be more flexible.
What is an itinerary and what is it used for?
A detailed plan for a journey, including a list of places to be visited, and often other information such as the dates, places of residence, and transportation to be used during the journey; as, the catacombs aren’t on our itinerary.
What are the types of itinerary?
There are three types of simple itineraries:
- One-way (OW) You are flying from somewhere (your origin) to somewhere else (your destination).
- Return or Round trip (RT) You are flying from your origin to your destination (which for return fares is also called the point of turnaround) then back to your origin. …
- Open jaw (OJ)
What are the main elements of a tour itinerary?
So, every itinerary have following elements.
- Tour Program. The main and most important element of an itinerary is a tour program. …
- Timetable. Another major component of itinerary is the timetable of the tour program. …
- Duration. Tangible goods are measured in weight, length etc. …
- Destination. …
- 4 As.
What is itinerary in a sentence?
a proposed route of travel. (1) Your itinerary includes a visit to Stonehenge. (2) This itinerary leaves us plenty of leeway. (3) The next place on our itinerary was Silistra.