Basically, a tourist itinerary is a reference for the tourist to follow during his journey like points of halt, hotel, time taken between two points, meal plans, activities, attractions to visit etc. apart from arrival and departure points/time and check-in check-out time.
What is an itinerary and what is its purpose?
a detailed plan for a journey, especially a list of places to visit; plan of travel. a line of travel; route. an account of a journey; record of travel.
What are the types of itinerary?
Types of Itineraries
- Loop Itinerary.
- Star-Shaped Itinerary.
- Open Jaw Itinerary.
How would you describe an itinerary?
Definition of itinerary
- the route of a journey or tour or the proposed outline of one.
- a traveler’s guidebook.
- a travel diary.
Why is itinerary important?
1) A good itinerary allows clients to maximise the time they have away. By ensuring each small detail is included in the document, there will be no time wasted travelling between places, activities, or accommodations.
What are the 3 different types of itinerary?
There are three types of simple itineraries:
- One-way (OW) You are flying from somewhere (your origin) to somewhere else (your destination).
- Return or Round trip (RT) You are flying from your origin to your destination (which for return fares is also called the point of turnaround) then back to your origin. …
- Open jaw (OJ)
How is itinerary prepared?
How to Prepare an Itinerary
- Gather travel documents and information. Round up all the information related to your upcoming trip. …
- Open a blank document in a text editor or word processor. …
- Divide your itinerary into sections. …
- Drop information into sections. …
- Proofread and double-check your work.
What is another word for itinerary?
In this page you can discover 17 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for itinerary, like: travel plan, program, plan, travel plans, route, itineraries, travel guidebook, excursion, , path and agenda.
What is an event itinerary?
An event itinerary template is used to inform event attendees of important details like the event date, venue location, and activity times.
Is itinerary same as boarding pass?
Please note that your travel itinerary does not serve as your boarding pass. Travel itinerary is a confirmation of your booking with your flight details. You are required to perform check-in in order for you to obtain boarding pass to board your flight.
How can an itinerary affect the experience of the visitor?
Helps in Prioritising Your Wants
You cannot visit all the attractions in just a few days especially in countries where there are numerous attractions. An itinerary will help you prioritize the attractions, so you do not miss on what you really want to see.
Why itinerary planning is important in tourism industry?
Well-formatted itinerary will give travelers the exact idea for their day to day journey like where they are going to be today and what will be the sightseeing, vehicle information, pickup and drop details and approx. daily travel time. This would ease the pressure during the tour.